Summus Face Cream
Multiactive regenerating cream
- The cream moisturizes and softens the skin in the best possible way
- Restores skin elasticity and tension
- Stimulates the process of intercellular metabolism and the regeneration of skin cells
- Provides the cells with necessary nutrients and vitamins
- Protects from the aggressive action of the ambient environment and free radicals
- Revitalizes the skin
- Potentize and prolong the effect of any serums
Main active ingredients
Collagen and elastin
- Water-soluble collagen helps to maintain elasticity and the optimal level of skin moisture content due to the ability of bound and hold the moisture.
- Hydrolyzed collagen and hydrolyzed elastin are low-molecular forms of collagen and elastin split down to small particles capable of penetrating into the skin. The use of cosmetics with low-molecular collagen and elastin compounds helps to reduce the loss of moisture and facilitates the restoration of the skin elasticity.
- Succinyl atelocollagen is a highly purified form of collagen with the improved solubility and enhanced hypoallergic properties. It helps to improve the skin elasticity and provides excellent moisturizing effect.
Complex of antioxidants and skin protective components
- Hydrogenated lecithin softens the skin, stimulates lipid exchange, helps to restore skin protective function.
- Platinum contributes to the supply of nutritive ingredients to skin cells and normalization of the skin surface electrical potential that helps to maintain the optimal level of moisture content. Besides, platinum facilitates the skin protection against the negative effect of UV-light and free radicals.
- Fullerenes are powerful and highly effective antioxidants; they fight free radicals much more effectively than common antioxidants. One common antioxidant molecule is used to destroy one free radical; it perishes while bonding with the free radical and forming a harmless compound. The fullerene molecule is capable of neutralizing several molecules of free radicals without loss of its efficiency.
- Reishi mushroom extract stimulates intercellular exchange, moisturizes the skin and works as an antioxidant.
- Ceramides 1, 2, 3, 6P help to restore the skin barrier layer.
- Acetyl-sodium hyaluronate (superhyaluronate acid) is a modified form of hyaluronate acid capable of holding twice as much moisture as common hyaluronic acid. It improves the ability of corneal layer to keep moisture that allows increasing skin elasticity.
- Sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid sodium salt) facilitates the normalization of water balance by forming the moisturizing protective film. It reduces transepidermal loss of moisture, and actively absorb water from the air, thus moisturizing the skin surface. Sodium hyaluronate also gives the skin the feel of soft and silky texture.
- Sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer (3D hyaluronic acid) is a modified form of hyaluronic acid that provides long-term moisturizing
- Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid is a low-molecular form of hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the most important structural elements of skin. Its main function is to bind and hold moisture. One molecule of hyaluronic acid is capable of holding up to 1000 molecules of water. Hyaluronic acid also contributes greatly to providing optimal conditions for cells functioning (it serves as a system for interstellar supply of many active components necessary for the skin health, stimulates the synthesis of collagen and plays an important part in the process of epidermis renewal, as well as protects cells against damage caused by free radicals).
The young skin continuously provides synthesis of hyaluronic acid. However, age-specific changes (they start to show around the age of 22) and skin damage by UV-light lead to the steady decrease of hyaluronic acid synthesis. As a result, the skin looses moisture, elasticity, and deteriorates. In order to stop the loss of moisture and fight against the aging process, it is advised to additionally saturate the face skin with moisture. Skin hydration can be carried out using low-molecular compounds of hyaluronic acid.
Common molecule of hyaluronic acid is too large and is not capable of penetrating through small intercellular spaces of the surface skin layer. That’s why, when the common form of hyaluronic acid is applied, it remains only on the skin surface, forming a light film that tends to be removed during washing.
Shiawasedo Laboratory uses hydrolyzed or low-molecular hyaluronic acid*. This type of hyaluronic acid not only covers the skin surface but also penetrates inside** due to low molecular size. It moisturizes skin from within and on the outside. Unlike common form of hyaluronic acid, molecules of hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid can not be washed by water as they penetrate the skin deeply and continue working after washing. The applied low-molecular form of hyaluronic acid holds twice as much moisture as common hyaluronic acid***. After the use of low-molecular hyaluronic acid, the actual skin moisture content increases****, and skin acquires soft and silky texture*****.
* Low-molecular form of hyaluronic acid is obtained by molecule breakdown (hydrolysis) to smaller particles and called hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid.
** Confirmed by laboratory tests.
*** Confirmed by laboratory tests.
**** Confirmed by laboratory tests.
***** Based on the sensory evaluation results.
- Palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 sustains skin elasticity and activates intercellular metabolism.
- Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 is a peptide that fights skin inflammatory processes and its consequences. After the age of 35, human body starts producing an increased amount of inflammatory mediators named interleukins, and that suppresses the angenesis, leads to degradation of the skin matrix, wrinkle formation and loss of elasticity. Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 reduces interleukins production that allows impeding skin inflammatory processes and aging processes.
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-1 stimulates intercellular metabolism and skin tonicity.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) maintains intercellular connections. It is considered to be one of the best cosmetic ingredients and valued for its rejuvenescent properties. Niacinamide reduces the generation of melanin, thus preventing the pigmented spots, and evens the skin tone. It prevents wrinkles, improves skin elasticity, stimulates intercellular exchange, generation of lipids and free fatty acids, also maintains the skin barrier function, and possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Pantenol (Provitamin B5) moisturizes, keeps moisture, and softens the skin.
- Vitamin Е protects retinol against destructive effect of UV-light, also works as an antioxidant and protects the cells against damage caused by free radicals.
- Vitamin С protects the skin from UV-light, slows down the aging process.
- Retinyl palmitate is a stabilized form of vitamin А. In combination with vitamins Е and С, it softens and improves the skin texture, prevents the appearance of pigmented spots. Also prevents wrinkles by facilitating the synthesis of collagen and glycosaminoglycans that maintain elasticity and the required level of the skin moisture content.
Skin Natural Moisture Factor (NMF)
Acetyl glucosamine, carotin, alanine and carbamide are included in skin Natural Moisture Factor (NMF), which is a complex of molecules generated by epidermis cells for keeping the required level of the skin moisture content. Acetyl glucosamine, carotin, alanine and carbamide sustain the optimal balance of Natural Moisture Factor components by helping to keep moisture and elasticity, and to strengthen the skin barrier function.
- Rice bran glycosphingolipids and rice bran oil are considered to be one of the best plant-extracted moisturizing components due to the unique ability to bind and hold moisture.
- Soya sterols moisturize, smooth the skin and nourish it with vitamins.
- Ginseng extract tones up the skin and stimulates the cell metabolism.
- Extract of royal jelly is a moisturizing, cicatrizing and nutritive ingredient. Components contained in royal jelly can bound and hold water. Royal jelly contains vitamin B complex as well as amino acids, fat acids, enzymes and microelements that have a salutary effect on the skin. Besides, royal jelly possesses natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Shea butter (karite butter) is one of the best plant-extracted ingredients. This component is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamin А. It offers sun-protective, anti-inflammatory, healing properties, also smoothes and moistures the skin, slows down the aging process.
- Sake sediment extract is a product of rice enzymatic cleavage (fermentation) during preparation of traditional Japan alcohol drink, sake. Sake sediment extract produces rejuvenating effect as it contains a large quantity of vitamins and amino acids that supply the skin with the necessary nutrients and stimulates its regeneration. Sake sediment extract also evens the skin tone: free linoleic acid and arbutin lighten skin (contained in the extract) tone by suppressing the effect of tyrosinase ferment that causes skin pigmentation. Ferulic acid contained in sake sediment extract is the great antioxidant.
- Soy seeds extract (soybean) softens and moisturizes skin.
After washing, and application of lotion and serum (optionally), apply a small amount of cream on the face skin by soft massage movements. Cream is suitable for different age groups and skin types.
Do not use with skin damage, edema, eczema, irritation and other problems. If the product is not suitable for your skin — as well as in case of any discomfort or irritation — stop using it immediately and consult the dermatologist. Make sure to prevent it from getting into your eyes. If the product gets into your eyes, wash it away immediately with enough water. Do not store the product at a very high or low temperature; keep it away from direct sunlight.